Consuming some things in the winter season is no less than consuming any kind of herb. We have told you the benefits of eating jaggery in winter and the benefits of eating things made from it.
Sesame seeds are oil-rich seeds and tiny in size and have many benefits and used in folk medicine for thousands of years. It has been disclosed in many types of researches that the oil found in sesame seeds is helpful in reducing high blood pressure and does not allow much load on the heart, that is, sesame is also helpful in removing heart disease. They may also save against diabetes and arthritis.
Nutrients in Sesame
Sesamin is a compound found in sesame seeds, may help reduce joint pain, which prevents cancer cells from growing and support mobility in arthritis of the knee. Due to this quality, it reduces the chances of getting lung cancer, colon cancer, leukemia, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and protects your cartilage. Aside from this, sesame has many benefits.
Benefits of Sesame Seeds
- Sesame is helpful in controlling the correct amount of blood in the body.
- Good Source of Fiber
- To keep the hair and skin strong and healthy, the consumption of sesame daily is considered very advantageous.
- May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- The protein present in sesame fills the entire body with a lot of strength and energy. Because of this metabolism also works well.
- Good Source of B Vitamins
- Nutritious Source of Plant Protein
- May Support Your Immune System
- Some such components and vitamins are found in sesame which is helpful in reducing stress and depression.
- May Aid Blood Cell Formation
- Sesame contains many types of salts such as calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium which help in the dynamic work of the heart muscles.
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Sesame contains dietary protein and amino acids which promote the development of children’s bones. Aside from this, it is also very beneficial for the muscles.
- May Support Healthy Bones
- May Reduce Inflammation
- Sesame oil is exceptionally valuable for the skin. With its help, the skin gets important nutrition, and moisture is retained in it.
- Rich in Antioxidants
- May Soothe Arthritic Knee Pain
- May Support Thyroid Health
- May Aid Hormone Balance During Menopause
How much sesame should be eaten?
Sesame should not be eaten much because it is hot, so you should be careful in consuming sesame. You should not consume more than 50-70 grams of sesame seeds daily. Especially women and young children should consume sesame in less quantity than this.