India, the land of waterfalls, lush green trees, and beautiful flowers. There are many spectacular waterfalls here that attract tourists all over the world. You should have to move to North-East states of India if you are planning to see them. If you want to see the natural beauty of the waterfalls then you should visit them at the time of the monsoon. Here, we have mentioned the ‘Top 10 Waterfalls in India’.
1- Kunchikal Falls
- It is the highest waterfalls in India.
- Located Nidagodu village near Masthikatte in Shimoga district of Karnataka and also the second highest in Asia.
- It’s height is 455 metres (1,493 ft).
- This waterfall is formed by Varahi river.
- World height ranking: 116
- The nearest Airport is at Mangalore
2- Barehipani Falls
- It is a two tiered waterfall.
- It’s located in Mayurbhanj district, Odisha.
- It’s height is 399 metres (1,309 ft).
- This waterfall is located on the Budhabalanga river.
- The closest railway station is at Baripada.
3- Nohkalikai Falls
- It’s the third highest waterfalls in India.
- It is located in Meghalaya near Cherrapunji, one of the rainy places on Earth.
- It’s heaight is 340 metres (1115 feet).
- There is a plunge pool with green-colored water below this waterfall.
- The closest railway station is Shillong Railway Station.
4- Nohsngithiang Falls
- It is a seven-segmented waterfall and one of India’s highest falls.
- It is located in East Khasi Hills district in Meghalaya.
- It’s heaight is 315 metres (1,033 ft)
- It is the 4th largest waterfalls in India.
- The nearest train station is at Guwahati and so is the airport.
5- Dudhsagar Falls
- Dudhsagar Falls is a four-tiered waterfall and also known as The Sea of Milk.
- It is located on the Mandovi River, Goa.
- It’s heaight is 310 metres (1,020 ft).
- The nearest station is Castle Rock Station and also at Collem in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary near Mollem.
- It is 60 km from Panaji.
6- Kynrem Falls
- This waterfall is also located in the East Khasi Hills district in Meghalaya.
- It is situated inside the beautiful Thangkharang Park.
- Its height is 305 metres (1,001 ft).
- It’s a 3 tiered waterfall.
- It is 17 km from Cherrapunji and 12 km from Sohra.
7- Meenmutty Falls
- It’s located in Wayanad District in Kerala.
- It’s a three-tiered waterfall.
- Its height is 300 metres (984 feet)
- It’s dangerous during rainy seasons due to high inflow.
- It’s surrounded by dense green tea plantations.
- The nearest railway station is Kozhikode Railway Station (CLT), known as Calicut (CLT).
8- Thalaiyar Falls
- Also known as Rat Tail Falls.
- Located in Theni District, Tamil Nadu.
- Its height is 297 metres (974 ft).
- Highest waterfall in Tamil Nadu.
- Sixth highest waterfall in India.
- Ranked 267th highest in the world.
- The closest railway station and airport is Madurai.
9- Barkana Falls
- It’s located in Shimoga district, Karnataka.
- It is formed by Seetha River.
- Its height is 259 metres (850 ft).
- This emerged with water only during the rainy season.
- The nearest railroad station is Udupi Railway station, Karnataka.
10- Jog Falls
- Formed on the Sharavati river.
- It’s located in Uttara Kannada district, and the viewpoint is located in Shimoga district, Karnataka.
- Its height is 253 metres (830 ft).
- Second highest plunge waterfall in India.
- The nearest railway station is Shimoga.